Solved

Get a value from a populated IFS form

• 5 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I thought this would be easy, and may be it is. I am simply trying to get a value out of an existing IFS Field, not a Custom Field to use in a Custom Event PL/SQL Script. The IFS Form itself will be populated by a search beforehand. 

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 6 April 2021, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @RCusick,

Not sure if I have understood the question correctly, but I assume this is what you are looking for. 

If you go the New Custom Event window, you can see the “select attributes available when creating event actions” section. 

Here you can check all the fields that you want to use in your event action. After that, when you go to event action window, you would see those fields under available substitution fields as below. Simply drag and drop them to wherever you want to use them.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I'm note quite sure about the question, but as per the understanding you are required to get column value from a particular window by using Custom Events > Online SQL

-- Scenario 01) If you are writing the event for the table in which your required field exist you can use something like this,

DECLARE

test_    VARCHAR2(100);

BEGIN

test_ := &NEW:CUSTOMER_NO

In above &NEW:CUSTOMER_NO is the column value which you required.

-- Scenario 02) If you are writing the event for different table where your required field isn't exist. In that case you can use a cursor like below,

DECLARE

test_    VARCHAR2(100);

CURSOR Get_Data IS
SELECT Name
FROM Customer_Info
WHERE customer_id = '&NEW:CUSTOMER_NO'

BEGIN

OPEN Get_Data;
FETCH Get_Data INTO test_;
CLOSE Get_Data;

Hope this will helps you what you looking for.

Cheers