Solved

Geocoding - application message when creating customer address - how to turn off?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We’ve recently noticed that everytime we create a new customer address, there will be a GEOCODING application message generated which would end up in Failed state since there’s no routing rule/address configured to intercept that message.

I’d like to turn off the generation of that application message, but I’ve no clue if that is even possible.

What I’ve done thus far:

→ checked event actions → there’s no event action creating this Application Message

→ looked up in System Parameters but I couldn’t find anything that would refer to GEOCODING functionality.

Any ideas on how to turn this off?

I’ve also read the documentation from below, but it doesn’t say how to turn off this functionality.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/060_ifs_applications_business_components/150_application_services_development/#geocoding

icon

Best answer by Telha 3 May 2023, 15:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I have not been able to find any settings that can be used to disable this message. However if you would just like to have the Failed message turned into Finished ones then you could create a dummy routing rule like the one below and that should cause these messages to go to the Finished state.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yes, this was going to be my last resort in case there’s no other way to turn these off.

Thanks for the reply @Telha !