Solved

Generating external link with multiple values (OR)

• 20 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

does someone know how to pass multiple values to a single column while generating external link to aplication form?

Example:

I want to generate link to operation statistic form passing 2 order numbers 101344564 and 101522291

Generating a link with just one order number works (folowing the instructions in Development guide) but i cant add the second one. So first link in below screenshot works but i have been experimenting with finding OR operand and the others dont work:

Does anybody know how to pass multiple values (what is the syntax(symbol) for OR)?

B R

Ivan

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 2 September 2020, 10:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @IVSTDE_Novacura I have raised this for the attention of our experts and hoping to get an answer. Please let us know if you found any different solution or workaround on this. Thank you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@IVSTDE_Novacura 

Hi,
Actually the point you brought up is right. When passing the two values to the same parameter, for external search, what we get is the result which is explained by you. 

When I did a little bit of a search on  query string, I noticed following.
“While there is no definitive standard, most web frameworks allow multiple values to be associated with a single field (e.g. field1=value1&field1=value2&field2=value3

So in this way, it should be possible to use ‘&’ and get our requirement done. But it seems not working.

Therefore would you be able to create a support case since we believe we need further investigation on this. 

/Minoshini