Solved

Filtering LoV in Aurena

• 30 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

In EE it is possible to filter the fields in a LoV selector by a value in the main form using a SQL query search similar to the following:

CUSTOMER_NO = i_hWndParent.frmOrderQuotation.dfsCustomerNo

Does anything like this functionality exist on Aurena yet?  The only way I have found is to click the Find button on the LoV and then search for the Quotation No in this example.  This is a number of extra clicks and will not be appreciated by our Customers

Thanks

Gareth

icon

Best answer by anmise 25 April 2021, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@CSGarethF hope this will help you out IFS Applications 10 Technical Documentation

Userlevel 7

Hi

In EE it is possible to filter the fields in a LoV selector by a value in the main form using a SQL query search similar to the following:

CUSTOMER_NO = i_hWndParent.frmOrderQuotation.dfsCustomerNo

Does anything like this functionality exist on Aurena yet?  The only way I have found is to click the Find button on the LoV and then search for the Quotation No in this example.  This is a number of extra clicks and will not be appreciated by our Customers

Thanks

Gareth

This is unfortunately not possible in Aurena at this point. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I got same requirement to filter down the LOV by “Project id” and I managed to do that using scripts below:

Make sure your filter column exists on entity set otherwise as it as custom field.

Thanks 

Udaya

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Udaya

I have tested this now.  It works perfectly and should be marked as the answer

Thanks for your suggestion

Gareth

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi Udaya

I have tested this now.  It works perfectly and should be marked as the answer

Thanks for your suggestion

Gareth

@KristenGastaldo 

Another answer that has changed to a better one, can you untick the original as it isn’t valid, please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

I got same requirement to filter down the LOV by “Project id” and I managed to do that using scripts below:

Make sure your filter column exists on entity set otherwise as it as custom field.

Thanks 

Udaya

Hi @antUdayaP ,

Is it possible to filter unique (distinct) values in this way? 

I’ve a customer with customizations and their LOV has multiple lines of same customer. But they just need to display one value per customer. 

Please let me know if it’s possible and if possible please advice how to do it. Thanks. 

Related my community post: 

BR,
Nimesh

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Nimesh Kasun ,

answer to your question...

No, you cannot to distinct result unless you change the VIEW ( Create new View with distinct result) and apply the filter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nimesh Kasun ,

answer to your question...

No, you cannot to distinct result unless you change the VIEW ( Create new View with distinct result) and apply the filter.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try. 

Regards,
Nimesh

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi antUdayaP,

Thank you for sharing this information.

Can you please let me know the your environment version ?

It seems that I cannot add custom filters on the datasource attribute. That is the case even if its a static value rather than a parameter.

I’m on IFS Cloud 21R1.

Kindest regards,

Trishen