Solved

Export translation of custom fields to IFS Cloud

• 12 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

Is there a best practice for exporting the translation of custom fields to IFS Cloud?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by JoDe 12 December 2023, 19:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@TheoB  I believe that once the Custom Attribute has been added to an Application Configuration Package, then when that ACP will be exported and deployed in another environment, the Custom Attribute translations should also be included.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the translation is not included in the ACP (it is not visible in any ACP XML file).
However, there is this button at the top of the ACP screen: 

But I don't see how to export them easily.
Thanks in advance

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@TheoB, unfortunately there is no easy way of doing this. 

Translations are managed in the “text translations” screen. Here you can see all the translations. 

To export these translations you can export all translations (core + config) by:

1. Run the attached query through quick report and export (you might still have to import the query through “import configuration file(s)”
  2. navigate to the “export language files” page
  3. select “export translations file” & correct layer and press [next]
  4.  select the type and press next
  5. select the module(s) and press next
  6. Select the languages and press next

This will generate a zip file which you can import by:

1. Unzipping the zip folder
  2. navigating to the  “import language files” page.
  3. Ticking the “import translation files”,”run as background job” and "refresh dictionary”,

Unfortunately it is not possible to export specific translations.

I have this setup because after every service update the core translations are reset. Since we as a customer have changed translations on the core REPort fields, we HAVE to do this to prevent loss of created translations. This will not be the case with CONFIG fields

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

Thank you for this information.
Let's hope that in the future IFS will be able to integrate translations in ACPs like in APPS10.
Thanks again.