Question

Export to Excel - No Data Found in Excel

• 24 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I have created a new quick report in Apps 10 and it works perfectly fine when viewing the report in EE. But when you click ‘Export to excel’, it shows no data found. I have granted each view and api permissions to the permission sets that need access to the report. 

The permission set is newly created, is there something I need to tick against this for the function to work?

Is there something I am missing? 

Any advice is appreciated 

Thanks

Yasir

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @YAMAN 

how do you export this QR in excel?

Can you try to export it to CSV?

Badge +1

Hi @Link 

Its the ‘Export to excel’ function when you right click to bring up that option. 

The Output - Excel/CSV works but for ease of use for the business, the one click of exporting to excel is required 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @YAMAN 

maybe your setting are not correctly.

I use following settings and it works:

Badge +1

Hi @Link 

The RMB - Output option works. 

What doesnt work is the RMB - Export to Excel option. When i click ‘ Export to Excel’, excel does open but shows no data whereas in IFS the report shows rows of data 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @YAMAN,

Does your Quick Report start with a ‘WITH’ clause? Two separate technologies are in place to preview and export data to Excel. SQL expression is directly executed when previewing a Quick Report and it's executed through PL/SQL access provider when exporting to Excel. Therefore, it is not possible to use SQL expressions that begins with "WITH" clauses to export to Excel due to a limitation in the PL/SQL access provider. Output channels could be used in such cases to export data to an Excel file.

This is mentioned in the Known Limitations section of the Quick Reports documentation as well:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/255_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/010_quickreports/default.htm#Known%20Limitations

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @Charith Epitawatta 

This is my SQL for the report - does this seem ok? 

select 
company_id, 
person_id,
emp_no,
emp_name, 
objective_id,
objective_description,
objective_start_date,
objective_end_date,
activity_description,
activity_start_date,
activity_end_date,
cost_centre

from (

SELECT
    a.company_id,
    (select b.person_id from company_person_all b where a.emp_no = b.emp_no) person_id,
    a.emp_no,
    company_pers_api.get_name(a.company_id, a.emp_no) emp_name,
    a.objective_id,
    employee_objective_api.get_objective_description(a.company_id, a.emp_no, a.appraisal_year, a.performance_period, a.objective_id) objective_description,
    employee_objective_api.get_objective_start_date(a.company_id, a.emp_no, a.appraisal_year, a.performance_period, a.objective_id) objective_start_date,
    employee_objective_api.get_objective_end_date(a.company_id, a.emp_no, a.appraisal_year, a.performance_period, a.objective_id) objective_end_date,
    a.activity_description,
    a.activity_start_date,
    a.activity_end_date,
    (
        SELECT
            MAX(x.property_value)
        FROM
            company_employee_property_all x
        WHERE
            x.property_code = 'COSTCTR'
            AND x.emp_no = a.emp_no
            AND trunc(x.valid_from) <= trunc(a.activity_start_date)
            AND ( trunc(x.valid_to) = '31-DEC-99'
                  OR trunc(x.valid_to) >= trunc(a.activity_end_date) )
    ) cost_centre
FROM
    employee_activity a
ORDER BY
    a.emp_no,
    a.objective_id
    )
where emp_no in  (select cp.emp_no from company_person_all cp where cp.person_id = '#PERSON_ID#')