Solved

Excel Migration - Error when updating custom field / custom page

• 6 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello everyone, 

I’m trying to update a custom field on a standard logical unit (part catalog), but this custom field is issued from a custom page. 

My Custom field is “Sous-Catégorie”

And this custom field is linked to a custom page with two choices

Here are the settings from my excel migration :

I think it follows well the excel migration guideline. But I have an error when I want to update the custom fiel in Excel (by entering a value from the previous custom page)

An idea oh what’s wrong with this ? 

I’m able to update custom field with a simple text, but impossible to update a custom field linked to a custom LU or to a custom list (or enumeration ?!)

Wishing you a great day :)

icon

Best answer by sfaure 20 December 2021, 09:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Any Suggestion ? :blush:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I believe you are missing the method list attribute setup against step 20 in your method list.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Technical Outlaws,

Thanks for your answer.

You’re right, I missed this setup.

Now, it’s done :

But the error still exist when I want to update this custom field (from a custom LU!)…

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

When you manually select a value for the sous-catégorie custom field against a part, have a look at the part_catalog_cft, what is the actual value that you see in the sous-catégorie column of the CFT table?

The clue is there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Technical Outlaws :) 

Not sure to understand your advice. 

I try to update with the CF$_SOUS_CATEGORIE_DB and not the CF$_SOUS_CATEGORIE, but same result…

If I manually select a value :

And If I look to my custom field and logical unit :

I admit I’m a little confused

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Technical Outlaws, finally, I got it ! 

When I created my migration task for my custom list of value, the column I entered was CF$_CATEGORIE. In fact, for a correct update, I need to enter the “DB” column : CF$_CATEGORIE_DB

With the following settings, my excel add in and update works fine !

The only question that remains (but I thinks it needs a new topic) is : How modify the name of a DB value when it’s a custom list ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Well done!  I knew you would figure out the answer eventually, you were this close.