Solved

Event Action - Cannot run query?

• 14 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

I’m having an issue with an event where it seems to not be able to access CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE.

Is there a certain account which needs access whilst going through an event action?

Custom RMB: Works Fine

However the event action doesn’t work...

I’m assuming this is something permission related - but cannot seem to figure it out.

IFSPRINT and IFSSYS have been granted select on CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE.

Thanks, Callum

icon

Best answer by Harley 14 February 2020, 15:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It's this a custom event? What is the table this action triggers on? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Callum,

may be “command_sys.mail” need an “ifsapp.”  ? I am not sure but i guess it worths to try. 

regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

As you are seeing the email being generated, the code would appear to be running without error. I am therefore wondering whether this may indicate a potential issue with site access. Try running the code without the where clause to see if data is returned into the part_no variable when the entire view is queried.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It's this a custom event? What is the table this action triggers on? 

Custom Event Action - Triggered from standard IFS PDF_REPORT_CREATED Event

Hi Callum,

may be “command_sys.mail” need an “ifsapp.”  ? I am not sure but i guess it worths to try. 

regards

Won’t be this as still receiving the emails through 

As you are seeing the email being generated, the code would appear to be running without error. I am therefore wondering whether this may indicate a potential issue with site access. Try running the code without the where clause to see if data is returned into the part_no variable when the entire view is queried.

Spot on! - I commented out the site check in CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINE and the data pulled through.

Next step was to figure out which user needs access which turned out to be IFSCONNECT - I never knew this account needed site access for anything!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @CallumW,

Check your Print formatter settings and see if the Execute As is set to System. That could be the reason why you need to grant access to IFSCONNECT. 

Changing it to Initiator should do the trick :)

Cheers!

Badge +14

Hi @dsj, Could you please advise me how to view print formatter settings.

I was unable to find a window in IEE.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @dsj, Could you please advise me how to view print formatter settings.

I was unable to find a window in IEE.

Thank you.

Hi @MitDenukN 

Probably you already found the solution.

Here’s how you can change the report formatter settings 

In Apps10

Apps 9

Cheers!

Damith