Solved

Event Action attachment

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello Guys

Wondering if anyone has used Email Attachment functionality within Event Action (on Apps8/9)?

After opening the Attachment dialog box, the very first option- Attach Files (as shown in below fig.) is the one I am trying to figure out. Second option- Create and include file works absolutely fine.

Looking at Apps 9 Tech document, it states:

Email Attachments

For email event actions you can add one or more files as attachments. Click on the button next to the Attached Files field to open a dialog where you can type the full path to the files that should be included.”

But, once i provide below path (as highlighted in yellow), custom event stops firing email so wondering if there is any particular path format which i need to follow here.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Dinesh

icon

Best answer by Tharindu 10 May 2020, 00:16

View original

3 replies

Here, we have to understand that all connect senders and report formatter are applications within the MWS/Application server. Therefore, you need to specify the path relative to the application server host (MWS host). As long as your file “C:\Test\Test.pdf” is within the MWS/Application server host, then it should work.

Also, you should be able to specify UNC paths as long as the user where the MWS is executed has access to that path, otherwise you will see the access denied error (or whatever the error behind) in the application message under notification queue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @Tharindu 

Tried and it worked. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Dinesh

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

What if the DB server is in Linux?