Question

Error when scheduling Application Server Task for quick report

• 15 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi, 

I scheduled a Application Server Task for weekly sending quick report. For some reason, I got it worked just one time (I received the email) and all failed after. The error stated that I have no privilege to export reports, however, I’m using IFSAPP account and managed to get it worked once. Does anyone have the same situation and had the solution? I read many related topics but haven't found any suitable answer for my case.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey,

Perhaps this quick report is brand new without permissions assigned to any proper perm group?

@zapior That, unfortunately, is not the case. I have granted this to many permission sets. And the only one time I got the email sent was also for the same report. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @hien.nguyen,

It does look like the permission issue but given that you have already checked the permissions, you would probably need to go through a process of elimination to figure out what the actual issue is. 

Have you tried scheduling a task to run other quick reports as well or is this only for this specific report? it would probably be useful to create a very simple report with no parameters etc to start with. (i.e. select part_no,contract from &AO.inventory_part where rownum < 10)

Once you have this report, publish the report and then try to schedule this to see whether it works.

Cheers.

Thanks @Sajith D! I have tried to make a new one as you recommended. And now the status is Waiting, Back ground job is Ready, but email never arrive to my inbox :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You may find that the cause is a lack of permissions on the ability to export to Excel in general, and not an issue of permissions on the report itself.  For example, check the Activities for something like ExcelQuickReport or ExcelQuickReportActivity.

Can the report be run and exported to Excel manually as the user?

Nick

Thanks @NickPorter I have checked the two activities and they are checked. Also, tried to export Excel and it works as well. really have no idea what is the cause.

/Hien

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Using the permission set details screen I would search for other Database Objects with “Excel” in the name, e.g. ExcelReportArchive.  Still feels like it may be in that area based on your information provided.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Have you tried to change  to Intiator on the execute as: And also use a reoccurring schedule on the database schedule task. It is normal that it goes back to waiting as it is triggered by the bakground job. The e-mail will get a new message in out1 queue when the job has executed

@kjrono yes, I have done as in your screenshot and also scheduled database tasks. However, it just does not work.

@NickPorter I’m using IFSAPP so it should not be missing any privilege I suppose.

I managed to make it work, although the reason sounds really stupid. :sweat_smile:

So I made another Application Server Task, used exactly the same report in our TEST environment. This time I was really too lazy to change the name of database task schedule, so by default, its name is ‘Run Application Server Task’. Guess what, this works like clock :joy: . I then compared with the failed one I had in the PROD environment. The only different thing I could find is the Schedule Name. And that’s how I fixed the one in PROD environment and everything works fine now.