Question

Error when ordering a Business Reporter report through IFS

• 16 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

When trying to order a Business reporter report through IFS, and then selecting ‘view executed report’, I receive an error due to the ‘file format or file extension is not valid’.

Excel is trying to open an .xlsx file when the report contains macros so its saved as .xlsm.

We are new to using IFS, therefore I hope there is someone more experienced out there to assist us with this error. I tried to attach the screen shots but it is erroring on this page.

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @SPierpoint,

Have you tried to add that extension to output channels in IFS? 

Or can’t you change the file extension when you save the file?

Badge +2

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have just tried that and it hasn't worked. Within IFS we cant seem to change the file extension ?

Badge +2

Badge +1

When trying to order a Business reporter report through IFS, and then selecting ‘view executed report’, I receive an error due to the ‘file format or file extension is not valid’.

Excel is trying to open an .xlsx file when the report contains macros so its saved as .xlsm.

We are new to using IFS, therefore I hope there is someone more experienced out there to assist us with this error. I tried to attach the screen shots but it is erroring on this page.

Thanks

Hi @SPierpoint,

The above issue has been corrected in the Apps 10 track. Information related to it can be accessed from http://lcs.corpnet.ifsworld.com/login/secured/buglnw/BlBug.page?BUG_ID=150174.

Hope this would help!

Regards,

Panchali