Solved

Error when creating new Lobby page

• 22 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When new Lobby page is created, user cannot se it without granting page to the user.

We need to use the workaround given which is ,

1. Log on as end user with permission to create Lobby (projection LobbyConfiguration, lobbyDatasourceConfiguration, and LobbyElementConfiguration are granted to end user permission set)
2. create new Lobby page
3. directly after save, an error is presented: "Cannot load Page"
4. go to "Permission Set" details page, add this new lobby page to permission set that the end user have
5. back to Lobby overview and try to find this new Lobby page - still same error ( "Cannot load Page")
6. log off and log on again
7. This new lobby page is now available and you can add elements to it
8. (did not tested to create new element and use it directly, will probably end up in same problem until this new element is granted)

Will there be a fix in the future release to replace this workaround ? if so when will it be .

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 24 March 2022, 00:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Chamaka Wimalarathne,

This is not a bug, rather due to design. Lobby presentation objects are normally accessible only by the Application Owner or an admin user. 

When EE_LOBBY_DESIGN permission is granted to a permission set, it will only allow the relevant users who have that permission set to create lobby pages, but not view or edit them. To be able to view and edit lobby pages, relevant presentation objects need to be granted as well. 

Since manually granting these presentation objects could be inconvenient for administrators who design lobby pages, you can do the following:

1. Create a new permission set with EE_LOBBY_DESIGN granted.
  1. Then give this permission set as the value for the “Permission set to be granted Lobby presentation objects by default” System Parameter as described in following documentation:
    https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/280_lobby/060_security/default.htm

Once this parameter is set, lobby presentation objects will be automatically granted to this permission set upon creation.

After this, the users who have this permission set would be able to view and edit lobby pages without having to have them manually granted. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Charith Epitawatta ,

Customer is a Cloud customer . I would really appreciate if you can send me the relevant cloud “element” (page ,Projection, etc...) that needs to be included inside the permission set and the cloud related documentation .

And I can only see one option in the relevant system parameter as a value .

Can you assist me on this as well ? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Chamaka Wimalarathne,

Sorry, didn’t notice the question was related to IFS Cloud.

I checked in one of our internal reference environments and saw that the value for the system parameters was given as IFSAPP_FULL. But I am not allowed to change it by manually entering a permission set. And the drop down is empty as well, which makes me think this functionality may not still be available in IFS Cloud. Unfortunately there isn’t much information on this system parameter in documentation either. Therefore this could be a question for R&D.

Documentation for Lobby runtime, designer and datasource security can be found here. : 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/060_tailoring/220_configuration/100_lobby_configurations/060_security/

This has information regarding which projections and system privileges are necessary for lobby related tasks.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Charith Epitawatta Brilliant ! Thanks for the information !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Charith Epitawatta  Manually Editing the system parameters seems to work . This NON -cumbersome step can be used as a workaround .

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Chamaka Wimalarathne

@Charith Epitawatta  Manually Editing the system parameters seems to work . This NON -cumbersome step can be used as a workaround .

Okay good to know we can manually enter a value. :) Must have been some issue in the environment I was checking!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This should absolutely be in the documentation! I could not find it, but it might be there somewhere… (Edit: It seems to be in Apps 10 docs like mentioned, but not in Cloud doc)

Just today I had to interrupt my training session with the customer, because I did not know this:( Well, now I know.