Solved

Error trying to open Crystal web report

• 1 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

When I'm trying to open Crystal report in IFS, it shows this error. Anyone know how to solve this one?

Thank You.

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 1 September 2021, 10:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This error suggests a configuration error with the crystal web service configuration. Check the system parameters screen and identify the following two parameters. 

The machine name where the Crystal Web Service is installed

The Virtual Directory name given to the Crystal Web Service in IIS

From there find the server where it is expected to setup the crystal web service and see its configuration. Make sure that crystal web service instance is properly configured as explained in our technical documentation under https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/default.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Rusiru,

I checked it ,all system parameters and server  configurations correct according to document. Here i enabled logs file and also give all access to IIS user in logs ,but cant see any details in log file about the error.it shows like this. Any idea about it? how can i view logs?

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This log file is blank - you are seeing a default set of characters. If IIS_IUSRS windows user group has write access to this folder (IFSCRWebSetup_Test2) that means your print/preview request does not reach this server/instance. Is this server reachable from the IFS middleware server?

Show us a screen shot of your two system parameter values and the IIS open on this server (expand all the nodes to see crystal web service instance name as well)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Here Screen shots of above this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

As per the picture, IFSCRWebSetup_Test2 is only a folder. This must be an application. You can try RMB → Convert to application. But if you have created this by following all the steps in the previous documentation I shared, this will be created correctly as an application rather than a folder like this. 

If RMB → convert to application is also not working, I suggest you keep this aside (delete later) and create a new instance following steps in the technical documentation. Then you can change the system parameters to connect to the new instance. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Rusiru,

Its okay now i converted it to application .now its okay.Thanks for your support

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Glad you could resolve it. Thanks for the update :)