Error importing large MS Project into IFS Cloud

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We are trying to test IFS Cloud Project Management features based on some of our large-scale project work for next year.  I’ve created a 30,000 task project in Microsoft project and I’m trying to import it into IFS.  If I keep trimming down the tasks of the project, I can eventually get it to import.  It usually works somewhere below 1000 tasks.   (Note: operations are not related to tasks.)  Is there some kind of limit setting that we can adjust to get this to work?

Error: The current change set contains too many operations. Only change sets with a maximum number of ‘1000’ operations are allowed.

Does someone know where we might be missing a setting?  Is it in IFS or MSProject?

Thank you,

Joann

2 replies

Badge +2

I asked Joann to post this for me.  (since I didn’t have access yet.) It doesn’t just happen on large projects.  It happens on my MS Project files that worked in Apps 10.  The error seems to occur in regards to importing Resources.  Sometimes I get this error and everything except for resource assignments gets imported.

Badge +2

This has been fixed in the latest version.