Email Order Confirmation

• 13 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have set up the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event  action:

RMB in the Customer Order header and selected E-mail Order Confirmation

With DEBUG on the following was passed:

Customer_Order_Flow_API.Email_Order_Report__ was executed with valid information and valid email address.

However, no email was received.

If I print the customer order confirmation and instead of printing tick the Email checkbox and enter the same email address the email is received.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 16 March 2020, 06:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

As per IFS documentation for Customer Order screen are all prerequisites met for Email Order Confirmation to work?

Prerequisites

This activity has the following prerequisites.

• IFS/Print Server and IFS/Connect have to be installed.
  • Print Server Archiving has to be enabled.
  • The PDF_REPORT_CREATED event must be defined and enabled.
  • On the Customer/Address/General Address Info tab, in the Comm. Method area, the communication method should be set to E-mail and the receiver's e-mail address must be specified in the Value field for the respective customer name. The same customer name should be given in the Customer Contact field of the Customer/Address/Order Address Info tab.
  • A value in the Reference field must have been entered in the Customer Order header. If a valid customer contact exists in the Customer/Address/Order Address Info tab, then that value will automatically be set as the reference value, and be used as the e-mail address of the receiver.
  • The customer order should be in Planned, Released, Reserved, Picked, Partially Delivered, Delivered or Invoiced/Closed status.
  • The Order Confirmation check box in the Customer/Order/Misc Customer Info tab should be selected.

System Effects

The customer order confirmation is e-mailed to the specified customer using IFS/Connect and the rules specified for the event PDF_REPORT_CREATED.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Maybe the action is not triggered. It’s only triggered with the conditions are met. So first try without the conditions (try removing the PARAM2 and report title check). If that works then it’s the conditions. Try printing the same values in the mail body and check if the values you are writer in the condition are correct.

Also, give a valid email to the from user instead of mycompany.com. 

Maybe the message to send the email is errored out. Check the OUT1 and NOTIFICATION queue in Solution Manager for more details.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Srikanth@ChanakaAmarasekara Thank you both for your replies.  I found 2 issues:

Issue 1, the PARAM2 wasn’t correct it should have been defined with REPORT_ID or just the REPORT_TITLE.

Issue 2, we had set the From User as accounts@mycompany.com (changed company).  Whereas it should have been set as a valid user.  i.e. the user sending the email.  

I do have 1 question though, the user has their own works email address but we want the email to be sent from accounts@mycompany.com.  Would we have to create a user with this email address to be able to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The from user should be a valid user or the email should be a valid email in the same domain. If you are using an email address outside of your domain (e.g. gmail.com) then make sure the addresses are not filtered from the mail server.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Issue 2, we had set the From User as accounts@mycompany.com (changed company).  Whereas it should have been set as a valid user.  i.e. the user sending the email.  

I do have 1 question though, the user has their own works email address but we want the email to be sent from accounts@mycompany.com.  Would we have to create a user with this email address to be able to do this?

Just create a dummy user, set the email address and then do not make them Active. (Or you will be wasting a license)

Full E-mail: IFS Approval Routing<Approval.Routing@mycompany.co.uk>

This way, the email address doesn’t actually have to exist (But better if it does as replies can then be used)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have same scenario but the PDF_PARAMETER_1 is not picking customer email and is NULL when event action is triggered. What am i missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@FPayab 

Has the reference field on the customer order header been populated with the person id from the contact and does the contact have a valid email address?

John

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@FPayab

Has the reference field on the customer order header been populated with the person id from the contact and does the contact have a valid email address?

John

I am using this for Payment Receipt. When a Payment receipt is printed (PDF) this event is called, The customer Payment Tab has customer details (comm method: email id) but the parameter shows as null when triggered

Badge +2

Hi.

I have issues to send send Order confirmations via e-mail from a specified mail address

(Order.confirmation@domain.com) that differ from the address that is set for our IFS instance (IFSApplication@domian.com).

Can you please give ma an advice? See information below.

1. I run IFS Applicaton 10.15
  2. I have created an inactive dummy user in IFS:

1. Event that is triggered via RMB from Order confirmation header:

The result is still that the mail are sent (with reply address) as the mail address that is set to the IFS instance (IFSApplication10@domain.com)

PS. I have anonymized email and domain addresses in the case, during the tests I have used correct email and domain information. DS.

Thanks in advance.

// Jan