Question

Edit All and its row count when a filter is used.

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I’ve got an EngPartStructure that Consist of 240 parts.  When I use Edit All to change the sort code for all of them, the system says All (240) records were changed.  That’s good.  But when I filter the data to a subset and use the Edit All, screen updates to show my filtered data but the result of the Edit All still indicates that All (240) records were change.  That is not something I expected.  Is something going on where the Edit All functionality is counting the rows incorrectly or that it is stlil going to go ahead and update all the records?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PIreland When filtered, only the filtered rows should be updated. I tested what you have described in 23R1 latest version but could not find any issue.

I added 10 parts in the Consists Of tab and filtered using the Drawing Position No. Then I got 6 records and when using Update All, only 6 filtered records were updated. Observed the expected behavior.

After the update

Furthermore I checked if there is any issue fixed in this area but I could not locate any. Can you please run this test for a few parts (ex: 10 parts) and check the outcome?  Also check if this is common in other tables in other modules as well.

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I also did the same thing in a Db that has fewer records.  The example where I’m getting the problem has 240 records.  I’ll try to setup an example with hundreds of records and see what I get.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I setup and example with >240 records and don’t have a problem.  We’ll have to chalk it up to “one of those things” and wait to see if it happens again.  

Patrick

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PIreland So with your testing, it seems like the issue does not occur when the record size is lesser or greater than 240. If you can test the same part (240 Consists of parts) in another environment and get this confirmed, I believe you can report this to IFS Support.