Question

Dynamic Aurena Link (to allow to open in new tab/window)

• 7 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a link in Aurena that will navigate to the homepage for an object when the object it self could be dynamic and will not always be the same object type?

e.g.
The Best fit search will return a list of objects, they may be parts (as shown below) or they may be a different object.

In later UPD versions of IFS there is a command in the results to navigate to the item itself, however this opens in the same page/tab (as it is a command). If you do this and need to return to the best fit search then the std browser navigation the returns you to the start of the search assistant and not to the results.

A link that can dynamically navigate to the Object homepage would allow the user to RMB → open in new tab; to keep the results page open while they find the correct object based on the details.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

You would be able to use Custom command for dynamic navigation. Option you need to follow is Adding a NavigationLink type Command in the below documentation

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/060_tailoring/220_configuration/200_client_configurations/300_commands/

BR
Avindu

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks for the suggestion Avindu,

As mentioned however, there is already a command for this in later UPD versions.

Unfortunately this does not get around the issue with navigating to the object and back in the same tab without having to perform the search/assistant again.

This was the reason for asking if a dynamic link can be created instead as this allows the usage of the browser RMB to open in new tab/window

Thanks,

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Matt,

I’m not quite sure this will work. But if you can add a reference custom field, it will give you a link to navigate to the referred LU. I’ll test this and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Avindu

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Matt Woonton 

As mentioned, I added persistent, reference custom field and here is the result.

But you are not allowed to navigate to several entities(LUs) at the same time from the same field.

Thanks