Solved

Duplicate EE windows

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Is it possible in Enterprise Explorer to duplicate a standar windows?

For example, we have the Active Work Orders (overview) and Prepare Work Order (form) windows, but we need to duplicate this windows with a different configuration than the standar windows. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and regards,

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 3 May 2021, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @shecosa,

If I understood your question correctly, it would need client code modifications and navigator modifications. Hence it would be possible via a development project after analyzing the code impact as well as the functional impact, not during the IEE runtime. Therefore you might want to reach out to your development party with a proper specification.

However if you want to modify the existing application behavior in the current window, you can always go for “custom objects”. You could deactivate and activate custom objects for a selected window as per your need.

Hope this helps.

- Nalaka - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,@shecosa,

Yes As Nalaka mentioned,

If you need to keep Both windows with different configurations you have to go for the customization development with required specification.

If you need to change the current existing standard window with different configurations ,then you can achieve through the custom objects.

Best Regards

-Kelum

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @shecosa,

I guess you need some extra configurations for the standard window. Please check the possibility do this through Custom objects.

You need to have customization If the custom object's scope is not sufficient with your requirement.

Best regards,

Darshana

Userlevel 7

Is it possible in Enterprise Explorer to duplicate a standar windows?

For example, we have the Active Work Orders (overview) and Prepare Work Order (form) windows, but we need to duplicate this windows with a different configuration than the standar windows. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and regards,

If it's strictly layouts that need to be different you can duplicate the window and use 'Own process' to make them unique (rmb on the navigator entry you have duplicated, properties and then tick 'own process') 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

@shecosa,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you can do this using “Own Process”. Simply follow these steps. 

1. Copy the address of the form from the address bar and RMB on the navigator where you want the new page and go to new -> item.
  1. Fill in new item form as below by specifying a process

Here any parameters that are already in the form address you copied will be automatically added to the parameters field and you have to append it with &PROCESS=<process_name>

After this you can have different client layout for this new form and it won’t affect the original form. 

Assume this is what you are looking for!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@shecosa,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you can do this using “Own Process”. Simply follow these steps. 

1. Copy the address of the form from the address bar and RMB on the navigator where you want the new page and go to new -> item.
  1. Fill in new item form as below by specifying a process

Here any parameters that are already in the form address you copied will be automatically added to the parameters field and you have to append it with &PROCESS=<process_name>

After this you can have different client layout for this new form and it won’t affect the original form. 

Assume this is what you are looking for!

Thank you very much!! That's what I need!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

hello @Charith Epitawatta ,

When we duplicate the EE windows, we are doing it with the IFSAPP user. How can we copy this view to the rest of the users?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

hello @Charith Epitawatta ,

When we duplicate the EE windows, we are doing it with the IFSAPP user. How can we copy this view to the rest of the users?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Hi @shecosa,

I believe you can do it using profiles. Please read from step 6 onwards in the steps provided here:

This post is about pushing a home page to users, so one small thing to add is that in your case, you should look under “Windows->Features” in profile tree for the specific profile entry relevant for your form. Instead of copying it to each individual personal profile, you can simply push it to a base profile so that it will be available to all users who has the same base profile assigned.