Differents results in Crystals Reports with the same configuration

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello friends,

We are doing a server migration in our data center and we find a strange problem in one of our Crystal Reports.

I´m going to explain the case:

We create the same example in the Environtment QA (In Origin) and the new Environtment QA (In destination)

1.    We execute (with the same data) the report in the development tool. First in QA Origin

We have this result:

2.    We execute (with the same data) the report in the development tool. Now in new QA (Destination)

We have the same result

So far Everything is perfect!. The two databases behave the same. Good Job!!!

3.    Now, we execute the report in IFS (Origin)

4.    And now, we execute the report in IFS (Destination)

When we launch the report within IFS the result is incorrect (in IFS Destination).
It seems as if IFS doesn´t understand the symbol “,” and “.”.
We have reviewed Regional Settings on both servers and they are the same.
Please, can someone tell me what other options to review in Application Server or IIS Service?

Thanks!

KR 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @NeoCargon 

Check whether you have both . and , in the initialization parameters in the destination. You ma compare these values in both databases

SQL> show parameter nls_numeric_characters

Badge +3

Hi @Ruchira,

Thanks for your help.

Values are the same in both database.

I think that database are correctly because I have the same value in both. The problem is in the “rander” or “deploy” form in Extended Server Machine.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

hi @NeoCargon ,

just a small thing, is the image order correct? I see a difference behaviour in the image added to the 3rd point. However the issue seems that to occur in destination environment according to the description.  

Is there any different server used to install the Crystal web service. If so, shall you check the regional settings of that server. 
You may confirm that machine from system parameters: It’s listed as the ‘machine where the Crystal Web Service is installed’.

Further, have a look at the report layout a bit. See whether there is a difference between the last column than the previous columns. Perhaps some one of the column could have number type and another one has toText{Number} formula. 

Badge +3

Hi @Minoshini Fonseka ,

Thanks for your help.

The good value is in image 3 (99,87). The error is in the destination machine (point 4). That is, I need the value 99.87 to be displayed at the destination.

I didn´t want to touch the development since the layout is the same but it has different behavior.

I review regional parameters and these parameters are the same in both environtments.

Any more idea? :(

Thanks!