Question

Difference in duplicate function between users

• 24 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, we have two buyers with identical security.  When one duplicates a supplier for part to add a new supplier/part connection, the inspection info tab is duplicated correctly (receive case, inspection code, etc) after saving.  When the other buyer does the same thing on the same part, the inspection info tab doesn’t copy everything like the receive case from the original record, it reverts back to the default receive into arrival when 9 times out of 10 it should be receive into arrival, inspect at arrival. She is now forced to check the tab and make manual corrections after saving, which proves she does have security to the tab.  She says this has been going on for months.  We are on Apps10 UPD17 as of May.

We’ve done the following and it’s still failing:

-We did all of these steps I found on a community post from @Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 

-checked her screen properties, and they look normal

-when signed on as her in the dev environment, it works so I can’t reproduce the problem. 

-cleared and re-imported her personal profile from DEV.

Signing on as her in production on another laptop works so the problem appears to be local to her machine and I don’t know what else to try.  Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If the issue is resolved by the user running IFS from another laptop logged in as a different Windows account, then the issue is with Windows permissions and not IFS.