Solved

Developer Studio bugs

• 3 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi, I don’t know of any other method of reporting troubles with Developer Studio (and I did not find my issues among existing cases), so here they are for anyone responsible for doing something about the issues: one annoyance and two bugs.

1. Deploying an entity or plsql code the first time after opening the program seeming do something, but nothing is being deployed. From the second time it’s ok.
  2. Regarding the OG extension: The naming of replication files are wrong: 

However, when deploying, the right names are being used: <LU>RSP-Cust.plsql and <LU>RRP-Cust.plsql. Quite confusing until you find out what’s wrong.

3. When the top folder is in lower case and upper case is being for the source sub-directories: 

the integration with Subversion works only halfway now. Existing source files are listed green as if they are new, while model files are OK:

If I try commit a plsql file, I get the error:
    “org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: E200009: Commit failed (details follow):
    E200009: 'C:\Prosjekter\PGS\_SVN_\PGS_IFS9\workspace\pm\source\pm\database' is not known to exist in the repository and is not part of the commit, yet its child 'C:\Prosjekter\PGS\_SVN_\PGS_IFS9\workspace\pm\source\pm\database\PmActionCalendarPlan-Cust.plsql' is part of the commit”
    However, double-clicking the file in the commit-window opens a diff beteen the SVN file and the new one:

I am pretty sure that all these are relatively new issues. My specifications:

Product Version: IFS Developer Studio 21.82.845200.20211220 (Build 2021-12-20 14:49)

Java: 1.8.0_112; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.112-b15

Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_112-b15

System: Windows 10 version 10.0 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (developer_studio)

icon

Best answer by hamalk 7 March 2022, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @addbjorns ,

Thank you for pointing these out. They have been brought to the attention of Developer Studio Team.
A member will get back to you here on this post itself, or if I get a response I will let you know as well.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @addbjorns,

You can report this as an issue to IFS Global Support.

Best Regards,
Savinda

Badge +4

Where do I report it? I haven’t found any page for partners to report issues with the various IFS tools.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @addbjorns 

Please refer to my comments of each of the points raised. 

1. Deployment successful in second time: Today we are doing to release a new tool version of 21.82 to Developer portal and the issue you have raised in the first point is solved there.  Please install the new tool and try it out.
  2. Regarding extensionsThis is the it has been working previously and we have not done any change recently, it’s work as designed.
  3.  folder Structure: Is this a screenshot taken in developer studio or your a screenshot of the checkout of local repository in the file system? As i can see it’s screenshot of the local repository. And PM is a customized module i suppose. Can you check how it shows for other standard modules? As i feel when you create the folder you can entered Upper case letters. Can’t be an issue in the tool or something recently introduced.
  4. SVM support : Developer Studio tool 21.82 version has the standard SVN support given by NetBeans 8.2 and we haven’t done any change to the standards behavior.  It’s an NetBeans feature available only  if developers prefer to use. And SVN support is not fully tested and not verified that it’s working perfectly in Dev Studio tool. (for SVN IFS recommend to use some other tools)Since NetBeans 8.2 is a DE supported version we can’t even request for any support either. We will be releasing a New tool in few weeks time based on NetBeans 12.0. And you will be able try that in the new tool once released. 

Best Regards

Harshini

Badge +4

Re 2: I am pretty sure this has worked as it should previously, and it is not an extension issue as such; It has to do with the naming of .plsql files regarding the OG extension. And it is partly working, because deploying uses the files with the right names.

Re 3+4: The screenshot is from Windows explorer, and the module is the standard Preventive Maintenance one. A mixture of lower and uppercase module names in the folder structures is old news in IFS, and this worked some months ago - the last time I worked on customizations for this App9 customer. And - as you can see from the next screenshot with the diff - Developer Studio does find the BASE file in the SVN repository.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@addbjorns 

1. we need to install an older tool version and verify that. But we didn't do any change related to  this recently. 
  1. Then Developer studio has nothing to do with this i suppose. why did you raise this as a Dev studio tool issue? is it because you get this behavior when you checked out from the tool?
  1. Even now the svn diff works fie in the tool. I’m sure about the committing file to svn repo from Dev studio tool. It’s a standard Netbeans support we have given. Normally we use third party tools to check in/out from SVN. 
Badge +4

Re 2: Why would you need to install an older version to verify that the file names are wrong in the current version? 

Re 3+4: I raise this as a DevStudio issue because DevStudio is acting up on things that used to be OK.  And as I have tried to point out, DS finds the SVN file when doing a diff, but not when syncing up to the repository or trying to update and commit the file, so clearly DS is accessing SVN in two different ways - one where the case does matter, one where it does not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @addbjorns

Re 2: why I wanted to install an older version is to make sure this behavior was not due to a recent change. 

Seems like above issue is there in very older versions of Dev Studio tool as well, not a recent issue.

Developers have been using the following workaround to overcome this issue. 

1. when you generate code after adding the the Data sync code gen properties, the created implementation files not showing up in the tool navigator (it’s a bug in the tool navigator since sometime back - which need to be fixed)
  2. But when you add the entity to “Add to Favorite”, in the favorite navigator the generated implantation files are showing correctly. 

3. Due to this issue in the tool Navigator, this how the developers have been working since sometime back when I checked with them.

4. But without following the workaround if you add the implementation file from RMB option in  the editor, you will get this plsql files generated with improper filenames as shown below, and it showing up in the tool navigator

5. But code generation of database deployable files works fine either way. This is only an issue in the Tool navigator and in the RMB option which need to be corrected and it was there in very older versions of the tool as well.

Created this Defect task to fix the tool issue: https://ifsdev.atlassian.net/browse/DXDEV-2260

Thanks for pointing it out