Question

Deploy multiple changed customization files in bulk/batch

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

´Hello,

we are developing our own customzations using the IFS Developer Studio. The changes can accumulate over time and instead of building a delivery every week or so we would like to automatically deploy all modified files in batch.

I found multiple interesting approaches.​​​​, but none work for us reliably at the moment:

Building the delivery manually 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/500_building_manually/030_build_delivery/

We cannot do this at the moment. We do not have access to download the required ifs_fetch related tools.

Using IFS Developer Studio

I discovered that right clicking the Database Connection in IFS Developer you can Generate & Deploy

• Modified files (seems based on git)
  • Open files in editor

This works well enough for entity/projection/client files but not for fragment or cdb files.

My workaround at the moment is to keep a list of modified files with path (A workaround for .fragment files is to include the respective client/projection files in the list). Put those file paths into a .cmd file. Associate all relevant files with IFS Developer Studio. Start the cmd. All files will open in the Studio and then use the context menu action to generate & deploy all open files in editor.

One can also automatically generate the changes file list by using a git command. For example

git diff san-1682402180-OK --name-only --line-prefix='C:\Users\crie\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Test3\workspace\'

But afterwards you need to comment out .cdb and fragment files.

Does anybody know of a different, more elegant solution?

All the best and thanks for any help ;)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!