Solved

Default value for fields in Apps10

• 21 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Previous versions of IFS allowed you to set a default value for fields, but I can’t find this functionality in Apps10. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Mike

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 21 November 2019, 21:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mfrejik,

You can save the default values altogether as a template and set it as the default template.

In order to this,

1. Insert a new record and fill the default values that you would like to set but don’t save it yet.
  2. RMB on the line and click on Edit and click on Save As Template.
  3. Give it a Title and click on OK.
  4. RMB on the line again, click on Edit, click on New From Template and click on Set Default Template.
  5. Select the template you saved earlier and click on OK.

Now when you try to insert a new record, default values will be populated according to the template.

Hope this helps!

Himasha

Badge +1

Hi, I’m pretty new on IFS world. 

How can I make this new template the system default for other users to start using it?

Thanks in advance

Juan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@jringhetti 

An example of setting the template to default is:

In this example I have using Customer

Click the small arrow to the side of the + (add)

This will show another menu where you should select New From Template then Set Default Template

This will display the Select Default Template box :

Select your saved template using the drop-down box then click OK

Now when you add a new record this template will be automatically used to create a new record.

I hope this helps.

John

Badge +1

Hi John, many thanks for your answer and your time to show me the method.

I did this successfully. Now, I want to share the template with other users. How can I make it? or the only way is to show them how to do?

Thanks in advance!

Juan

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Juan

I haven't tried but you could try setting your profile to your system base profile

Do this by clicking  ALT then select Tools and then Options and change your base profile to your system base profile.  Once this has been done go into the screen where you want the default template to be used and set the required template to default template.

Next log.out, on logging out you will be prompted to save the profile, click yes.  Now log in and that should be your default template other users would have to log out and back in again to take effect.

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards

John

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Is it possible to edit these template default values on the base profile?