Skip to main content

Is there some setting that determines how many decimal places apply when a user exports to Excel?  User exports Customer Order lines - prices appears to 4 decimal places; I do the same and prices appear to 2 decimal places?  

Thanks!

@PRODQ you need to change that from Account Settings:

Thanks, @Marcel.Ausan but they already are…

@PRODQ I understood from your post that you wanna see 4 digits for numeric fields. Then you need to update the Currency Formatting options to 4 → then you’ll see 4 digits in all numeric fields and in your exports.

Or perhaps I misunderstood your post?

Sorry, @Marcel.Ausan It was the data the user sees in the excel export is to 4 decimal places - despite their setting being ‘2’.  They only wanted it to be to 2 decimal places.

Linda

@PRODQ OK. I got it know. When the data is exported in Excel, is exported exactly how it was saved in the DB. So if you have a CO Line with price 2,37091 → then when you export the CO Line in Excel you’ll see all 5 decimals even if your Account Settings says show 2 decimals.

Of course, once the export is done, the user can format the column to 2 digits, but this would require a few extra clicks:

@PRODQ OK. I got it know. When the data is exported in Excel, is exported exactly how it was saved in the DB. So if you have a CO Line with price 2,37091 → then when you export the CO Line in Excel you’ll see all 5 decimals even if your Account Settings says show 2 decimals.

Of course, once the export is done, the user can format the column to 2 digits, but this would require a few extra clicks:

Thanks, @Marcel.Ausan Marcel.  It may be a ‘few extra clicks’ to us but when you are processing many of these in a day the extra time adds up sadly.