Question

DB Wallet is pointing to old db server

• 21 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Experts,

We are doing a Oracle upgrade of APP10 environment from 12C to 19C. That includes a DB server change as well. Oracle export and import method has followed for the database migration.

After successful DB migration, we could change the Database URL successfully and get Main and Integration clusters up and running. IFS can access without any issue. But “Update DB Wallet” is disabled and the wallet path entry is missing.

But, if we bring the old database up again, we could see the wallet path and can execute “Update Db Wallet”. That actually updated cwallet.sso file in the old server even the database url is pointing to the new DB server.

The DB’s are on Linux servers.

Have you came across similar issue or any hints to get this sorted?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @PlaSandaM,

Please try the below and see if that helps your situation,

• Reconfigure the application instance through installer.cmd and make sure the database connection string has new database server information.
  • Grab the newly created cwallet.sso file from <ifs_home>/instance/<instance_name>/security/ohs location.
  • Paste it in the new database server DB wallet path and make sure that is the correct path saved in the plsql_environment_tab as well.

When you change the database connection in the ifs admin console, the cwallet.sso file should update technically. But I'm not entirely sure if that's working as expected. That's why I also included a step to reconfigure the instance using the installer.cmd. You can confirm by checking the modified date of your cwallet.sso file. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @Ragaventhan Sathananda,

I managed to get the issue sorted by clearing cache files in Admin Server. The steps that I followed are,

1. Stop all servers
  2. Delete contents in “wls_domain\<InstanceName>\servers\AdminServer\tmp”
  3. Delete contents in “wls_domain\<InstanceName>\servers\AdminServer\ cache”
  4. Start All Servers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Just as information - from Apps10 ~UPD7 the wallet is not used by the plsqlap. It uses Oracle AQ to send messages to the MWS. 
I hope there is very few customer installations still on such low Apps10 UPD that the wallet is used… e.g. I guess Oracle Weblogic has applied a ton of security patches since UPD7. Also a lot of IFS MWS bugfixes has been created from IFS for the MWS Linux handling the last year’s. At least one IFS component (that i know of) requires a later UPD to even compile properly on Oracle 19.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @hhanse ,

This might not be directly related to the issue that I’ve reported.

Basically, we used “PL/SQL Access Provider configuration test” application monitoring entry as one of the checks to measure the health of IFS environment. You are meaning that is no longer valid check after APP10 UPD7?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I don’t remember the details around  “PL/SQL Access Provider configuration test” - it might have been showing the wrong status at some point… not sure. Only thing i know is that the PL/SQL Access Provider is not using the wallet since around UPD7.