Solved

Date format in Aurena

• 26 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Does anyone know how we can control the date format in Aurena.

Thanks

HA

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 26 February 2020, 07:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It is coming according to the browsers language (default locale for that language). Different browsers have different ways to set the language. by default its regional setting language. 

EX: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Our experience is this is not the case.

On our Win 10 PC’s, we have Region, Region Format set to English (Australia) and all date formats elsewhere are displaying in correct DD/MM/YYYY format.

Also checked the browser (Edge - Chrome-based) to ensure it was set to display in Australian locale which it is, but Aurena still shows in American date format.

Also is happening on ALL our staff’s phones which are a combo of iPhones and Android (primarily Samsung) and same thing - all showing American date format instead of Australian.

Its causing a fair bit of frustration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Garak I am adding the information here as well for the completeness and for the benefit of others. 

The issue with English (Australia) is a bug in IFS Aurena. We have now introduced a fix for this and it is available from Update 12 version. 

Until then following can be used as a workaround. 

Note: Users don’t need to change browser’s or PC language to English (UK). Rather we are adding English (UK) as the preferred.

1. Open settings in google chrome – or any other browser in use.
  2. Go to advanced -> Languages.
  3. Chrome will have the list as “Order languages based on your preference” but it can be vary depending on the browser.
  4. Currently user must have English (Australia) as the top language and Chrome is displayed in this language.
  5. If English (United Kingdom) is not available in the list, please add it and then proceed next steps. 
  6. Select options in English (United Kingdom) language (3 dots in the right) and choose “Move to the top”

No need to change the browser language though.

Restart chrome browser and re-login to IFS Aurena client – refreshing the browser window will also work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It also might be worth noting that Aurena won’t honor custom regional settings. (I doubt it ever will because I don’t believe a web application has access to see them.) I have a US English machine that has been configured to use ISO 8601 for dates, but Aurena gives me the US date format in MM/DD/YYYY.

Losing this kind of functionality is still a cheap price to pay for a cross-platform architecture built on something as mature as a web browser.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Rusiru Dharmadasa

I followed this steps to change the date format to normal uk format which is dd/mm/yyyy in our crystal report parameters. But it didnt work. Ia there a way to change it?. This is cloud 21R2. You can check this in CeramTec CFG as well.

Thanks

Roshanga

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@roshanga 

Hi Roshanga,

I think it is required to enter these parameters in this specific format. So it won’t be changed per the regional formats. 

Best Regards,

Rusiru