Solved

Database Objects Symbols

• 4 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Does anyone have a decoder ring for database objects as to what the symbols and colors mean? Some text is blue, some is black, some have a diamond that isn’t filled and others it’s filled. My assumption is that it means either granted or only granted query, but it would be nice to know for sure what it all means. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 4 March 2020, 17:56

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

From my understanding I believe:

Filled in Diamond = a Procedure 

Non-filled in Diamond = a Function

Blue text - normally means Read only(granted query)/partially granted 

Black text - means Granted.

Thanks,

Rob

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thank you Rob! I appreciate the insight. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

For the “Database Objects” and “Presentation Objects by Component” tabs, blue means partially granted and black means fully granted.

However for “Presentation objects by Navigator” it is different.  On this tab blue means Granted Query only (which essentially means partially granted) and black means Granted (which may also mean partially granted if you look at the Details pane… it depends on whether the component parts of a screen are native to that screen or actually related to another one, in the same way that some of the items under Details pane are shown italic and some are not).

And as @RobertW mentioned I believe:

Filled in Diamond = a Procedure 

Non-filled in Diamond = a Function

Nick

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Awesome Nick thank you! I see where in the navigator some text is regular and some is italic. Are you saying that means italic ones are related to another area and regular are not?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

That’s how I understand them...  Presentation objects accessed or used from one component (perhaps more technically a LU?) but which are really part of another component.

Take the Purchase Orders screen for example; it has presentation objects that may be accessed through it which come from other components, such as Company