Question

Data Matrix 2D barcode doesn't display when viewing or previewing the layout

• 27 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I created a report label using IFS Report Designer and added a custom field and convert the custom field to a 2D Data Matrix. When i preview the layout the 2D Data Matrix does not display instead it display the custom field values.

I try adding the custom field to a blank page and try displaying the 2D Data Matrix thinking it’s and issue with space but still it does not display but when converting it to 2D QR Code it display. 

Could you please advice what am I missing? why it does not display?

Kind Regards,

Ruby

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I don’t have answer, but related question

I got task relating datamatrix yesterday from customer and just make first test, but seems that datamatrix not return value it have. Instead it returns www.ifsworld.com as your code above. :face_palm_tone3:

Did you get Datamatrix give output something else www.ifsworld.com

I haven’t yet possibility to test real print out, but at least report designer not show real data.

Badge +2

I don’t have answer, but related question

I got task relating datamatrix yesterday from customer and just make first test, but seems that datamatrix not return value it have. Instead it returns www.ifsworld.com as your code above. :face_palm_tone3:

Did you get Datamatrix give output something else www.ifsworld.com

I haven’t yet possibility to test real print out, but at least report designer not show real data.

Yes Jouni, we added lot_batch_no and expiry data and it returned the values for it but not the Data Matrix. I read in a GS1 Data Matrix Guideline document in google, stating about a function symbol ‘FNC1’ that would start reading the character. So i convert it according to but still it does not display the DataMatrix barcode. 

Wish will receive advice soon. :)

Best Regards,

Ruby

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello, @Ruby_S  Did you ever get a solution for this?