Question

Custom Tab linked by OBJKEY/ROWKEY - IEE and Aurena

• 17 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I want to create a custom LU that I can link to multiple kinds of objects (customers, suppliers, orders, invoices… whatever). It has a column CF$_PARENT_OBJKEY that I’m using to hold the OBJKEY for the linked object.

When I create a custom tab in IEE, OBJKEY isn’t in the dropdown for the Parent Key, but it doesn’t complain when I enter it in manually. (I confirmed a nonsensical field name isn’t allowed, proving that OBJKEY is passing some kind of validation.)

(Ironically, OBJKEY is one of the allowed fields on the Child Key.)

However, even with this column set up as the link, the custom tab doesn’t seem to be filtering.

We’d like to pilot business processes around this now in IEE, but we’ll definitely want it for our upgrade  to Cloud that’s already in progress.

1. Can I set up an OBJKEY custom tab link in IEE?

2. Can I set up an OBJKEY custom tab link in Aurena?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Bump.

I need this because I’m trying to rebuild a version of Sticky Notes using custom objects.

I migrated the data into a Custom Logical Unit.

I created a Custom Tab to it.

but the key filtering isn’t working

However, a “search in context” works on the tab.

That “search in context” brings up what I want to happen automatically:

and since this is for our upgrade where stickies are going away, I really need it for Aurena.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kevin,

I do not have an answer to your question but I’m very interested in the solution.  We’ll be upgrading within IFS App 10 IEE to Aurena in the coming year so we’re ready to move to the Cloud version and one of the biggest difficulties we see coming is the lost of the sticky notes.   Our employees love them.   I honestly hadn’t thought of a solution and I think yours is pretty good.   Hopefully someone from IFS will chime in to explain what’s going on here.

Regards,

William Klotz