Question

custom Menu in results of QuickReport

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I create quick report (SQL statement) based on Purchares Order view. Each row have a order_no. When “view report” click , then i have results and  I need RMB (menu item) to navigate to ifs window "Purchase Order" with this order_no from the row.

How can I do this ?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This is as close as I got to establishing RMB custom functionality from Quick Report output:

I do not know how to do what you are trying to do, though, because using Output Channels (as outlined in the above link) does not give you direct access to fields like Order_No. The only thing you have access to is an XML file representing the full Quick Report output.

I’m afraid it would still require a custom program to parse the XML file then invoke an External Search back into IEE to the screen you want with the Order_No loaded.

Good luck,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@MK_user 

Can you switch from a Quick Report to a Lobby Element so you can take advantage of the navigation back to the Purchase Order?

Can you use a query of the Purchase Orders window instead of having a Quick Report?

Badge +2

I will try to use "Query Builder" and "View Details" on RMB

Interestingly, "Query Builder" has a "row type" feature and "Quick Report" does not.

if that doesn't work then I'll use the tables in the lobby.Thanks for the answers
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@MK_user did you ever get the “Row Type” functionality working?

Thats pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to do with lobbies in IEE