Question

Custom Field Default value stopped populating for new records

• 16 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

My Default value for my custom field (check box) has stopped populating for new records.

My custom field:

• Persistent
  • Boolean Value
    • Enum (TRUE or FALSE boolean)
  • I set the Default Value to FALSE 

For every new record that was created, my custom field had the check box default to FALSE, but it just recently it stopped working.

Anybody having the same issue? We did not do any major updates or changes to to the environment or the custom field. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @jamie.malangyaon,

Did you make any changes to the custom field or the Logical Unit recently? Please see if the LU shows as synchronized. You can also try unpublishing and the republishing the LU to see if that make any difference. Synchronizing/republishing will refresh the Custom Objects cache as well. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Charith Epitawatta the LUs are synced and I recently created another custom field check box with a FALSE default but when I get users to test, it still defaults to NULL. I had to create an event that triggers when a new BO has been created and if the custom check box is null, set it to FALSE. The event works but I would imagine it will be a hassle to keep creating these events.

Badge +3

@Charith Epitawatta @jamie.malangyaon I experienced a similar issue with CF’s set to default FALSE but the values are set to NULL for new records. Is this a reported bug by any chance? I’m working in a apps10 UPD 16 environment. 

The CF has been created in 2021 

But the customer orders I mentioned are created recently.

Regards,

/Heshan

Hi all!

We also have the same issue.
Does anybody already have a solution?

Regards

Lena

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, what’s the non db field value?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @jamie.malangyaon 

Records which is before Custom Field are going to be Null. It is very normal. To fix this problem you can write a simple script for null records.

Hi @jamie.malangyaon 

Records which is before Custom Field are going to be Null. It is very normal. To fix this problem you can write a simple script for null records.

Hi @hhy38,

the issue appears when we create a new record, although the standard is set False.

regards,

Lena