Solved

Custom Field

• 20 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am trying to create a Custom Field within the Case that pulls a Custom field from another Screen.

I am fairly new to IFS development and mostly self taught so this has confused me as other fields that i created in a similar way to this have worked.

Table 1 = cc_case_cfv

Table 2 = Location

I am wanting field (CF$_TEAM) to display in the CC_CASE_CFV where there is a match on CF$_Delivery_Location_ID (Case Screen) to Location_ID (Location Screen)

This is my Select Statment: SELECT CF$_TEAM FROM LOCATION WHERE LOCATION_ID = :CF$_DELIVERY_LOCATION_ID

what would I enter into the argument? 

icon

Best answer by ROVECH 20 October 2021, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Lisa, 

You would have to use v.CF$_DELIVERY_LOCATION_ID as an argument in this case. For more background information you can check the documentation:

Best regards, Roel

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I now get this error message? Thanks for the information on the Tech Guide, I will take a read through :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I have managed to resolve this issue :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Great!

For the benefit of others here, would it be possible for you to tell us how you solved your problem? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Yes of course. The Custom Field we have within our system CF$_DELIVERY_LOCATION_ID was actually stored under OBJKEY not its CF$ Field Name. 

I therefore had to amend my Select Query to Where OBJKEY = :Location_ID rather than CF$_DELIVERY_LOCATION_ID = :LOCATION_ID

Using the SQL Query Tool helped me resolve the problem.

I also needed to use t. rather than v. in the argument.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!