Question

Custom Event with Custom Field Lookup

• 5 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have created a custom event on the Logical Unit ShopOrd for Table SHOP_ORD_TAB. Whenever the need date changes they want a reason code entered (which is my custom field). I cannot get it to show me the actual data in that field if it is entered on the screen at the time the need date is changed. It looks like it is not updating the CFT table with the information so I do not know how to access that data from the screen before it places the data in the table.

It displays the info message even when I have entered in the reason code on the screen at the same time I have changed the need date. It tells me that the need date has changed and I need to enter in a reason code which I have already placed in the field at the time.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @LMWCBACH,

In the Event Action Conditions, you can specify a condition to the reason code as well.

Ideally as per my understanding the “reason code = NULL” to perform the specified action.

Hope this helps.

Bes Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @LMWCBACH ,
The following steps worked for me.

The created custom attribute can be used as follows.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have the event set to trigger on the SHOP_ORD_TAB and what I see is that the CUSTOM FIELD table is not getting updated at the time the event is being triggered. I have the Custom Field on the screen with data in it but when the event triggers based on the NEED_DATE (SHOP_ORD_TAB) changing and firing after. The custom field table is not yet updated with the data. How do I access the custom data field information from the actual screen so that if there is data in the reason field it will not fire the message saying to enter in the reason?