Question

Custom Event - Custom Attribute on SHIPMENT_CFT

• 3 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

Struggling to create a valid Custom Attribute to retrieve data from another table when event is triggered on a CFT within a Custom Event.

Main table used for trigger is SHIPMENT_CFT, and I want to use DELIVER_TO_CUSTOMER_NO from the SHIPMENT.API in the Server Method function

Would have thought the ROWKEY would need to be passed through, but can’t get it to validate. Any help appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Rob

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m having a similar issue trying to retrieve data from the view the custom fields are anchored on. Did you ever figure this out? I’ve tried using a select statement in the custom attributes but IFS says the syntax is not correct. Any help is much appreciated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello, 

Struggling to create a valid Custom Attribute to retrieve data from another table when event is triggered on a CFT within a Custom Event.

Main table used for trigger is SHIPMENT_CFT, and I want to use DELIVER_TO_CUSTOMER_NO from the SHIPMENT.API in the Server Method function

Would have thought the ROWKEY would need to be passed through, but can’t get it to validate. Any help appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Rob

Can you supply a bit more information about what you’re trying to acheive?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I need to be able to retrieve the part number and contract from the base view that the custom field table is anchored on but as you know, you can only get the rowkey from the CFT. I thought I’d be able to use that to create a custom attribute that was a select statement to select the part number from the inventory part where the :NEW.rowkey = objkey (of the inventory part view). There are no API calls that i can get the part number and contract to pull into my event based on the rowkey.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

So you want the SHIPMENT_CFT to have an attribute that displays the part number of the part in the shipment?

Surely you’d see the part on the shipment lines tab of the shipment - unless you want the inventory part, not the sales part.  The problem is that you can have multiple parts per shipment.  If it’s the inventory part you want to display, wouldn’t it be better to show the inventory part as a custom field on the shipment lines?