Solved

Custom event action Task error

• 7 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am trying to set up a new event action upon existing event PARTS_SUBMITTED_TO_MRB where event action type is Task.

When a part is added to MRB, I get the following error:

Attribute “COMPLETE_EVENT” does not exist in message “!FNDSER.EVENT_ACTION_PARAM $RECEIVER=...”

What am I missing? 

I am the receiver for the event action as well as the user creating the MRB. Does that not work?

icon

Best answer by MELuther 29 March 2023, 19:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I am looking here:  https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/030_administration/090_automation_optimization/320_events/100_manage_events/#action_types

The Task section lists the following parameters:

• Receiver: 
  • Subject: 
  • Priority: 
  • Complete on Event: An event fired on the same object that will set the tasks to completed. The task can be manually completed by the user. The task can also be completed if another Event is fired on the same object. Only objects where rowkey is enabled will have this possibility.

Where do I find “Complete on Event”? Is it mandatory? The intention is to have the task manually completed by the user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Also, is there a way to look at the code behind the custom event action?

The event action is not in Solution Manager > Configuration > Custom Objects Overview

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It looks like this is a bug. I have asked the user to create a case with IFS.

Badge +1

Is this going to be fixed on an upcoming service release?  We have having the same problem with “Task” event actions.

Email Events work fine.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

FYI: Was fixed in 23R2.

Kind regards
Alex