Solved

Custom Attributes

• 15 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 33 replies

I was trying to understand the differences between IFS Cloud (i.e. 22r2) custom attributes and Apps 10 custom fields. Mainly looking for details around Read Only attributes. I want to try to minimize the chance any new fields we make in 10 will be translatable to IFS Cloud.

Yes, I looked in the docs.ifs.com site, in the technical docs, tailoring section. But I get 404’s when I get down to the details on attributes.

Better yet would be a guide kind of like the word doc from Apps 8 or 9 era.

icon

Best answer by AussieAnders 15 December 2022, 02:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In theory, custom fields in IFS Applications and custom attributes in IFS Cloud should be the same. The metadata is upgraded auto-magically and you’ll see the CF$_ columns in the _CFV views etc. Of course, you have to redo the screen placement using the Page Designer.

Once you’ve found that the Entity Configuration page replaces the Custom Fields and Custom Logical Unit screens, you should be good.

As often, the devil is in the detail though. With the absence of the System Info panel in IFS Enterprise Explorer, which showed database views and columns behind IEE forms, and the PL/SQL Package Code screen to find method signatures, it’ll be technically more challenging to work out the correct (PL/)SQL for Select Statement and Expression type fields. Having development access to a build place, so you can trawl through database objects and test SQL statements using IFS Developer Studio is probably essential. Without a SQL Query Tool in IFS Aurena, I’ve taken to trying out statements using a dumym Quick Report instead.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that you don’t seem able to follow a path like Purchase Requisition Line > Activity > Project in IFS Cloud, like you could on Apps, so maybe watch out for that. 

Note: the above is from a 21R2 environment. I’m not sure whether it works in later releases.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I thought I had read somewhere you couldn’t use Selects or Function calls in the cloud. But from your screen shot it looks like you can.

Wish they still had demo environments available, so you could go in and try working with it. Also if you want to try new features or features you don’t own. Intraday planning would be one, it looks like it would remove a mod for us. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You can definitely configure selects and function calls.

The “Local” type attribute is not avaiable in IFS Cloud, but I think that was rarely used anyway. I avoided them because they could not be added to ACPs.