Solved

Custom Attribute Error in Validation

• 1 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello!

I am trying to add attributes into an existing Custom Logical Unit, and I am receiving the below error message when trying to approve the attribute.

The attribute is required to pull “read only” information from the header of the page that the unit exists in.

Any help or advice would be great!!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 2 November 2022, 18:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @NPCCHLOE,

Could you please also attach a screenshot of how you have configured this read only field(SQL statement/expression)? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @NPCCHLOE,

Is there an attribute named “contract_name” in your custom LU?
Is it approved and publised?
Please send the configuration of the contract_name and the definition of the newly created attribute.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Badge +3

@Charith Epitawatta 

@Bhagya Wickramasinghe 

Hi both,

Thank you for responding.

I do not have much experience with the Custom Logical Unit page so forgive me if I’m going in the wrong direction.

Please see below the SQL statement/ argument used:

For a bit of clarification - I am trying to pull the Contract Name from the header of our Sales Contract page we have into an attribute for this Custom Logical Unit which is a tab on the Sales Contract page as a fixed item that cannot be altered.

I had originally tried to set up this attribute as a “persistent” field type, but it was not pulling through once I approved and published it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @NPCCHLOE,

It looks like you are trying to fetch contract_name from SALES_CONTRACT view. Since you are passing contract_name as an argument to the SELECT statement, you need to have that as an attribute in your Customer LU.

I think what you should have is something like contract_no in your Custom LU, so that you can fetch the contract_name for that contract_no. Could you also show what other attributes you have in the LU?

Have a look at the documentation for Read Only fields as well:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/040_custom_fields/020_create_custom_fields/020_add_edit_readonly_attribute.htm