Skip to main content
Solved

Crystal Report server issue

• 14 November 2023
  • 16 replies

Trying to get a Crystal Reports server working for a cloud upgrade.

IFS is showing error 

Error in retrieving the parameters

I also can’t change the logging values for Crystal Reports from IFS 

If I try to save a change I get

com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Message send failed

I have tried changing the  crystal server address in system config to the IP address and that changed the error when trying to enable logs to:

Return value to config logs not found.

I have tested all users from the crystal server and they are able to log into sql

Built a new server- same problem

It doesn’t log anything but if I go to this page

http://cloudprinttest/IFSCRWebSetup/Ifs_ReportService.asmx

It does log 

14/2023 3:53:19 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Decrypted.
11/14/2023 3:53:19 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Decrypted.
11/14/2023 3:53:19 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Retrieved Information from XML : DBUser-IFSSYS DBPassword-******* PrintUser-IFSPRINT PrintPassword-******* DBServerName-TESTPDB AppOwner-IFSAPP IALOwner-IFSINFO
11/14/2023 3:53:19 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Retrieved Information from XML : DBUser-IFSSYS DBPassword-******* PrintUser-IFSPRINT PrintPassword-******* DBServerName-TESTPDB AppOwner-IFSAPP IALOwner-IFSINFO
11/14/2023 3:53:46 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Decrypted.
11/14/2023 3:53:46 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Retrieved Information from XML : DBUser-IFSSYS DBPassword-******* PrintUser-IFSPRINT PrintPassword-******* DBServerName-TESTPDB AppOwner-IFSAPP IALOwner-IFSINFO
11/14/2023 3:53:46 PM IFSCRWebSetup]-RGetDbInfoFromXml] Retrieved Information from XML : DBUser-IFSSYS DBPassword-******* PrintUser-IFSPRINT PrintPassword-******* DBServerName-TESTPDB AppOwner-IFSAPP IALOwner-IFSINFO

Nothing that seems useful

Went over all the pre-requisites etc and just can’t find the issue 

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I have not been able to get Crystal working on IFS Cloud 23R1

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I have not been able to get Crystal working on IFS Cloud 23R1

Well that’s not good… can anyone verify they have it working on 23R1?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Alex Ivkovic  here is the related post: IFS Cloud 23R1 - Crystal report setup error | IFS Community

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Our problem turned out to be  the "LocalNetworkIpRange": in the main_config.json was incorrect 

Badge +1

I am also trying to figure this out. has anybody managed to get it working?

if i click fetch logs, i get ‘Currently there are no log files to fetch.’ which suggests its communicating but doesnt appear to be working. ifs documentation isnt the best either. also 23r1.

Badge +3

Our problem turned out to be  the "LocalNetworkIpRange": in the main_config.json was incorrect 

Just curious, what’d you have to set it to? The subnet of the MWS/CWS/WMS of the environment? We had this running on 10.1.0.0/16 for forever and seemingly everything except CWS works. I updated it to be the actual subnet I’m running and it’s still not helping at all. 2321 deployed currently.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Just curious, what’d you have to set it to? The subnet of the MWS/CWS/WMS of the environment? We had this running on 10.1.0.0/16 for forever and seemingly everything except CWS works. I updated it to be the actual subnet I’m running and it’s still not helping at all. 2321 deployed currently.

I have never been able to change it permanently. After each patch or upgrade I run

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller `
--values C:\IFS\PROD\UB1-MWS-2314RU\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml `
--values solutionset.yaml `
--set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And it works 

Badge +1

Add it into your yaml file. 

ifscore:
  networkpolicy:
    enabled: true
     crystalhost: 10.0.2.5
    internetAccessExceptionList:
    - ip: 10.0.0.0/16
    - ip: 193.41.170.171/32

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Add it into your yaml file. 

ifscore:
  networkpolicy:
    enabled: true
     crystalhost: 10.0.2.5
    internetAccessExceptionList:
    - ip: 10.0.0.0/16
    - ip: 193.41.170.171/32

I have it just doesn’t work! Tried it in different places etc.  Not really worrying about it too much since I can just run that and it just works 

Badge +1

That was always the issue for me, that and having the correct exceptions to allow the traffic.

Obviously having them set correctly to your local sub nets as well. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We were experiencing exactly the same issue on a customer environment (23R1) and some troubleshooting within IIS on the server led me to try something I found online…

Within IIS set the application pools to ‘Enable 32bit applications” = FALSE.

I also removed the localhost value from the bindings on port 80 on the default site in IIS.

After making these two changes Crystal started working within IFS.

Also ensure that the IIS user has full access on the wwwroot folder and confirm that there is no network clash on the internal pod range versus the local network.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How can I verify if the Crystal Web Service is running correctly?

Previously, we could confirm its status by accessing ifs_ReportService.asmx, but now we're encountering a message indicating that the ASMX web service is disabled. Do we need to install something to resolve this issue?

Additionally, the new documentation mentions configuring an SSL certificate in IIS and specific pods. Is it mandatory to perform this configuration to ensure the Crystal Web Service is running correctly?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/24r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/#prerequisites

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

How can I verify if the Crystal Web Service is running correctly?

Previously, we could confirm its status by accessing ifs_ReportService.asmx, but now we're encountering a message indicating that the ASMX web service is disabled. Do we need to install something to resolve this issue?

Additionally, the new documentation mentions configuring an SSL certificate in IIS and specific pods. Is it mandatory to perform this configuration to ensure the Crystal Web Service is running correctly?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/24r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/#prerequisites

Initially, if the Crystal Web Service Logs can be enabled without any issue, this means the connectivity is established between crystal installed server and the application.
I am not sure how to verify the Crystal Reports. Back in the days we used a test report to view modules.
Recently, in 24R1 SU1, I am also facing the same issue since the test report failed with error “ Error in retrieving the parameters”

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All,

Is there anyone who was able to install crystal web service without updating the certificates related to below pods?

Crystal operational reports ifsapp-reporting
Crystal Quick reports ifsapp-reporting-cr
To enable Crystal web service logs ifsapp-odata

If the environment has created with a SSL cert, do we still need to update above parameters in the yaml file?
In my case the Crystal Web Service Logs are also enabled.

But unfortunately, when I view the test crystal report, it gives an error like below.

In the Fetched logs, cannot see any thing helpful either.

I have already updated the be​​​​​ crystalhost and port in yaml file as well

​​

Thanks in Advance!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @rayanhimal , 

Delete the namespace and recreate it using the following command. You can find more details in this community post: https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/ifs-cloud-23r1-crystal-report-setup-error-39261

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values ..\..\..\..\config\ifscloud-values.yaml --values C:\ifsroot\deliveries\23.1.4\InstallationFiles\ifsinstaller\solutionset.yaml --set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=<crystal_host>

Could you please let me know what you selected for the Application Pool when you installed the Crystal web service? Was it .NET v4.5 Classic or .NET v4.5?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @rayanhimal , 

Delete the namespace and recreate it using the following command. You can find more details in this community post: https://community.ifs.com/framework-experience-infrastructure-cloud-integration-dev-tools-50/ifs-cloud-23r1-crystal-report-setup-error-39261

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values ..\..\..\..\config\ifscloud-values.yaml --values C:\ifsroot\deliveries\23.1.4\InstallationFiles\ifsinstaller\solutionset.yaml --set ifscore.networkpolicy.crystalhost=<crystal_host>

Could you please let me know what you selected for the Application Pool when you installed the Crystal web service? Was it .NET v4.5 Classic or .NET v4.5?

Hi @maheshmuz,

I was able to get crystal reports working after adjusting the ifscloud-values.yaml file. There were some indentation issues which caused not to apply the new cyrstalhost and crystal port parameters.

For your question, please use .NET v4.5 which is enabled default in your default application pool.

Best Regards,

Rayan