Solved

Crystal Layout Location not found?

• 7 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I created a new Crystal Quick report in IFS App9 and when I go to run the report in IFS it keep giving me this error message. “ The layout “report_Name.rpt” could not be found in the Crystal Layout location.”  How do I resolve this?

Error Message

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 7 January 2022, 18:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @SSOLER,

You need to place the layout in the location given in “OpenReportPath” parameter in Web.config file in your Crystal Web Service Installation.

Web.config file can be found in a location similar to below on Crystal Web Service host machine:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\<Virtual Directory>\

Please refer to the following documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/010_setup_cws/default.htm

As stated in this documentation, for operational/info services reports, the layouts should go inside a sub folder named by the ordering language

1. Create a folder in the machine where the Crystal Web Service is going to be installed and copy the Crystal Report files that are going to be previewed from IFS Enterprise Explorer to this folder. This folder will be referred to as the OpenReportPath later on in the installation process. If the reports are Info Services Reports make a folder by the ordering language inside the "OpenReportPath" folder and copy the files in to that language folder. For example, if one is going to order Info Service reports with "en" language then create a folder called "en" inside the "OpenReportPath" folder and copy the Info Service layout of type Crystal in to the "en" folder.

Quick Reports need to be placed directly in the OpenReportPath folder.

Make sure the report layouts are placed in the correct folders as mentioned in above documentation and try again.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

@Charith Epitawatta Thank you. I had the report placed in a sub-folder within the OpenReportPath Folder and when I moved it up a level to OpenReportPath it worked. But I have other crystal reports within the sub folder that run without issue. why aren't those also erroring like this report?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @SSOLER,

Glad to know you were able to make it work.

As mentioned in the documentation, all the operational reports need to go inside the language sub folder while quick reports need to go directly inside the OpenReportPath. If the other reports that you mention are also quick reports, then the only explanation I can come up with is that you may have multiple Crystal Web Service instances installed where the OpenReportPath is the said sub folder.

Please refer to the Configuring the System Parameters section of the documentation and the “Main Instance Replication” section of Installation documentation and check the values of following system parameters:

• The machine name where the Crystal Web Service is installed
  • The Virtual Directory name given to the Crystal Web Service in IIS

These parameters can be found in the System Parameters window in IEE.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Charith Epitawatta 

Your answer was helpful. I had the same problem. 

My issue was that my system configuration  was pointing to the wrong app server.

Thanks,

JL