Question

Create Lobby from saved search with grouping and sorting

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We have a saved search which summarizes and sorts by certain fields.  It’s used on the Customer Order lines screen.  It seems you cannot open the screen with the ability to sum and/or group the data.  Here is the data source: 

​​

Element designer:

When clicking on the lobby element it does not allow group by.  Also if you click on the header of the element, it takes you to the IFS screen but without any sorting, summing or group by.  

When running the saved search from the IFS screen the desired result would be this:

Does anyone have any ideas to get the desired results launching from a lobby element?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you are looking to add a Total Row to the bottom of Gross Amt/Base a Matrix Element would give you that option under the dropdown ‘Show Summary’ however it requires a Y Axis as well which isn’t required on the List element.

An alternative would be a combination of the List element that you have to display the breakdown per customer and then a Counter element to show the total next to it on the lobby.

Hopefully there is a better solution that someone much more knowledgeable than me can provide!

Regards
Nathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

svrmhuebner,

Your intention is great on the Customer Order Lines, but that is plain impossible with only the fields that are available. This is because you want it to show a combination of fields

round(sum(BUY_QTY_DUE * UNIT_PRICE_INCL_TAX), 2)

Either you prepare a new custom field that contains the calculation, which might proof difficult as there is a sum included and custom fields are per row.

Other way would be to prepare a quick report that shows what you want. But then comes my question, why the quick report if the results are the same in the Lobby element?

To me this boils down to the question: why would you want the same overview in the element as in the saved search of the Customer Order Lines?

Steve