Question

Create Financial Project After the Project has been Approved

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

For some reason, the system did not create the Financial Project when the Project was setup and approved.  Is there a workaround to create the Financial Project  or some way to create the Financial Project manually and link back to the Project?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

If you don’t have a Financial Project - you should simply be able to create the Financial Project directly and then connect via the Pre-Postings tab of the Project.  What do you see here?

Custom Project PrePostings

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk  Hi, Shawn:

Thank you for your help on this one, too.  I have forwarded this information to the user and will let you know if they were able to create the financial project and connect it as you suggested.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk 

Hello, Shawn:

The response I received based on the information you provided is below.  They have decided to treat this instance as an isolated incident fow now since they aren’t sure how to reproduce it.  

• NE203765 has a preposting line already.  I wasn’t able to change the project reference.
  • Also, this was causing issues with rev rec – the project was included with project group POC IF but errored out because it couldn’t read the estimated margin info on the PM project.  What’s interesting is that within the IFS revenue recognition schedule you could RMB on the project line and go to the financial project.  However, if you tried to search for that same project ID then you didn’t get any results.  So in order to move forward I had Carlos RMB on the line, go to the financial project, and change the project group to non cap so that it would be excluded from rev rec. 
  • At this point I’m not sure if it is worth troubleshooting or even possible.  Maybe keep this info for the next time it happens, which hopefully is never.

Thank you for your help.

Joann

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Thanks Joann for the update.  We’ve seen disconnects between Project Activities and Customer Order Lines that are difficult or impossible to reconnect if there was an error or the user did something that was out of the norm.  I tend to agree, if Finance has isolated it and are ok with the work around, then chasing it further is not likely to be a good use of time.  If it happens again, you’ll have to try and document the similarities to this project to see if you can identify the point of failure.  Till then, this is just a data point.

Shawn