Question

Copying a field from one report to another

• 6 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Is it possible to copy a field called shipment id from collective invoice report to normal invoice report and how ? I havent had the chance to work on reports that often so I could really use some guidance from the experts here 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @amrflynn 

I do not know if I understood your question clearly.

What kind of report are referring to? IFS reports out of the box? Crystal or quick reports?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello @amrflynn 

I do not know if I understood your question clearly.

What kind of report are referring to? IFS reports out of the box? Crystal or quick reports?

the ones we make in IFS Report designer

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

I don’t know about copying but you can add a custom field fetching the shipment ID and then display that on the report layout

1. Make sure custom fields are enabled for the report

2. Find out what LU:s are connected to the report and decide where to put your custom field (block_xpath column = elements in the left tree in Report Designer)

select * from report_lu_definition_tab where report_id = 'CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP'

3. Add the custom field to the LU and fetch shipment ID with appropriate code. Make sure "Enable on Report" is ticked 

4. Open Report Designer, connect to your IFS Server and the custom field should be available to place on the layout

BR
Johan