Question

Context Substitution Variables in IFS Aurena

• 9 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to use a context substitution variable in an external navigation link, so far the current mode of passing parameters does not seem to work. Is there a way to access this in Aurena or a seperate format for the parameter

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is the link to or from Aurena?

Badge +2

From aurena, passing a context substitution variable like user_id 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

From aurena, passing a context substitution variable like user_id 

Ok, I don’t know if they are accessible, in Aurena we use Contexts together with Context Mappings, see:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/045_administration_aurena/220_Configuration/330_configuration_contexts/

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Tommy,

This is not to be confused with the Aurena Page Context.

In Aurena lobby elements it's possible to use #USER_ID# context substitution values (any of the ones from the predefined CSV list), but these do not work in External Navigation Links in Aurena, I suspect it's an oversight but just wanted to know if there is some other format the values should be added to the link with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Please refer the following response: 

Context Substitution Variables in Aurena | IFS Community

Currently only some of CSVs work and not in all places. When it comes to searches, currently only date fields accept CSVs (so you cannot use non-date CSVs like #PERSON_ID# or #DEFAULT_COMPANY# when doing a search). We intend to add the missing functionality and as we already have an external case connected to this we will do this on the support track as well.