Question

Communicating via API with FSM using messages in JSON just work using XML headers

• 31 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

After look at the documentation, I was able to conclude that its possible to send and receive JSON files via REST.

I found that I am able to do this communication using JSON, but only when the header is the one that belong to the XML, as you can see in the example (message in format JSON, header XML, with a successful response): 

Headers of the previous try:

However when I do exactly the same try, with a JSON header, the response message is an error:

Headers of the previous try:

Once in the documentation available (‘Metrix5_XML_Messages’) its possible to do the communication using JSON files, anyone knows if I am missing something or this is a bug of the product? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Pedro_Duarte,

it’s definitely possible to do pure JSON using the OData endpoints. Is there any chance that you are hitting the wrong endpoint? If you can give us endpoint you are trying to hit (without the base url for security reasons of course) we should be able to tell you whether the endpoint in use is correct. In a typical installation the endpoint would look like https://my-fsm-server/odata/perform_inbound_integration for the perform_inbound_integration endpoint. 

Cheers