Solved

Cloud 21 - IFS Connect Logs

• 9 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m setting up an SFTP reader in IFS Cloud21.  I’ve uploaded a knownhosts file and id key file (both in txt format as IFS returns an unexpected server error if no file extension is given).  The reader is enabled but not picking up any files.

I would like to scrutinise the IFS Connect logs to troubleshoot.  The Cloud 21 documentation on IFS Connect logging seems sparse and it isn’t clear where the logs are.  Looking on the ubuntu server there appears to be a config file which is driven by the JSF properties/Logging properties in Cloud 21.  This file contains a file location but it’s commented out:

#
# Connect log file
#
#handler.connectlog.type=textfile
#handler.connectlog.filename=@IFS_HOME@/instance/@IFS_INSTANCE@/logs/j2ee/ifsconnectlog-@IFS_MWS_SERVER@.log
#handler.connectlog.level=info
#handler.connectlog.maxsize=10M
#handler.connectlog.filecount=5
#handler.connectlog.categories=integration

I suspect that these commented out elements are from Apps 10.  This environment was uplifted to Cloud21.

...so long story short, where are the IFS Connect logs for Cloud 21?  

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 10 February 2022, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @chriselliston,

Assuming you have a remote deployment(as opposed to IFS Managed Cloud), please look for ifsapp-connect.log file in the following directory of your Windows Management Server:

\\ifsremote\ifsroot\logs\remote-log-client\<YourCustomerNamespace>\

Alternatively, you can retrieve logs directly from the Kubernetes cluster using kubectl commands as well. 

Eg: 

kubectl logs -l app=ifsapp-connect -c ifsapp-connect -n <namespace>

Please go through following documentation that explains about both these methods:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/020_installation/450_admin_of_remote_model/#remote-log-client

If on IFS Managed Cloud, you would have to request from IFS by opening a case. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Charith, very informative.

Regards

Chris