Solved

Change the attachment name of the email generated from print dialog

• 2 July 2021
  • 5 replies

APP10 UPD9

I’m using this send email functionality to send the purchase order report to outside users. but this send the attachment with the name "PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP_<result key>.pdf".

Now wanted to add PO number in to the name of attachment.  So, created a report rule how I want the email. It’s works as expected, but user receiving 2 mails, one from report rule and one from the standard. Can we stop/skip the mail sending from the print job? I have tried with set “NO” to the SkipJobMail property in report rule.

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 2 July 2021, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @USLA , I’d love to see a screenshot of the rule that you used to change the filename? are you using the RMB → EMail Order functionality?

Hi David. 

I have attached the Report rule and order report dialog.  

I’m using this send email functionality to send the purchase order report to outside users. but this send the attachment with the name "PURCHASE_ORDER_PRINT_REP_<result key>.pdf".

Now wanted to add PO number in to the name of attachment.  So, created a report rule how I want the email. It’s works as expected, but user receiving 2 mails, one from report rule and one from the standard. Can we stop/skip the mail sending from the print job? I have tried with set “NO” to the SkipJobMail property in report rule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @USLA,

Email from the print job is supposed to be skipped when you set SkipJobEmail property to YES. I see that you are in IFSAPP10 UPD9. This is a bug in your version and it is fixed in IFSAPP10 UPD10 via bug ID 155284.

So you can either request the UPD or the patch to get this fixed.

Hope this answers your question!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @USLA . I like the solution, with the bug fix that will work nicely.

However I dont like that you have to do it outside the standard RMB\Email order framework, which keeps a record of the email to supplier in PO History, for me keeping a record of the email being sent to the supplier in the history is more important than the attachment name. I dont want users sending email from Print Dialog. It has uncontrollable results. 

Many thanks,