Solved

Certificate Error when installing MS Project add in for IFS project

• 3 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

When I run the installation for the ms project to ifs project add in, I get the following error

“Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Microsoft Project Add-in for integration to IFS Project or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for futher assistance.”

This seems to suggest that the certificate that came with my IFS 10 upd8 install is not valid?

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 3 November 2020, 23:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We’re running Apps 9, and we sign both IFS Enterprise Explorer and IFS Sales and Marketing with the same certificate that we use for HTTPS.

This makes the message to the users a little less scary, gives us the option to crank up the security settings, and doesn’t train the users to ignore invalid certificate errors.

Apps 10 now folds the application signing into the same step as the installation, and the default behavior is to use the same certificate for the application as for HTTPS, exactly as we do today in Apps 9.

Are you using a trusted certificate for HTTPS?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

yes we are using a trusted certificate for https.  I have no issues running the IEE client or aurena, and all of the other add ins installed fine.  but for the ms project add in i get the certificate error, I don’t get to an installer screen. I suspect there may be an issue with the cert provided by R&D for the race database for IFS 10 UPD 8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @DeanBurell ,

I’ve seen this happen with Addin’s due to enhanced security in Office suite. Usually to get rid of the message you just need to add the IFS URL to the Trusted sites in the security settings in the machine. You might also need to check the Trust center settings in MS Project and add the URL there as well.

Cheers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This seems to be the issue.  the site was not a trusted site in my internet explorer browser.  once I added the site to the browsers trusted sites, the installation gave me a warning but allowed me to continue the install.  one of my settings prevented the add in from being loaded (Require Application Add-ins to be signed by trusted publisher - the default on install is unchecked, somehow I must have checked it when I was poking around) on start up, but once I resolved that, I was able to manually activate it.