Solved

Cannot Log On - Invalid Login Details

• 19 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have setup LDAP integration and created users from my A/D system .

All the settings are correct and I can see users in the “users” list and on the “Oracle” users list.

All users are active and enabled.

However, when I test a user account, the message pops up stating “Invalid Login Details”.

I have expired the account, enabled the account and reset the password several time, but am still unable to login.

But, when I create a user from scratch in IFS, this logs in successfully.

I don’t get it, can anyone help please?

icon

Best answer by RichardM 23 March 2021, 15:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @RichardM 
Is this issue for a specific user or a set of users in a group ? Can users login via DB Authentication ?
Could you please verify if the user is correctly set up on the AD group (verify internal configuration) and that FND_ENDUSER permission set is granted for the user. It will be helpful to have a screen capture of the error as well if the issue persists.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Yasas

Thank you for your reply.

This is for five users initially, I have put them into a new group created in A/D, just for the purposes of LDAP authentication for IFS.

They are definitely correctly setup on the A/D groups.

They have FND_ADMIN as the permission set and have the same base profile, one can log in and the other one can’t.

I don’t know what you mean by “Can users login via DB authentication?”, sorry, I am completely new to IFS.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Best regards

Richard.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there

Thank you for your reply, I have got some information about the LDAP configuation, see the screen shot.

Apparently, I need to untick “Database authentication not allowed” and “set database password the same as user ID”.

I’ve done this and “Run Synchronisation” but the user remain unchanged and I can’t sign in, despite changing the password in the Oracle Users section.

However, the support company we are using, tells me that this is only half the story.

I need to configure the middleware server to allow authentication.

But, I don’t know how to do this.

I have already asked that question to the support company we are using, so I wouldn’t want anyone to waste their valuable time on this question, as it will probably be answered by the third party.

I really appreciate this community though, thank you very much.

Kind regards, stay safe

Richard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @RichardM thank you for the clarification and latest findings and updates. By DB Authentication I wanted to clarify if users have an alternative login mechanism via Database (DB) Authentication. We value your engagement with IFS Community as well :)

Badge +5

Hello @RichardM ,

Did you solve your problem at the end ?

If so, could you please share with me ?

Regards..

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I did manage to solve my problem.

In the “users” area [Solution Manager → Security → Users], for each user I had to remove the A/D portion from their ID.
So, for my user ID, which was imported as “ml\richardm”, I had to remove the “ml\”.  I can now login successfully.

Badge +5

Thanky you for your answer @RichardM . I’ll keep this info.

After I asked you, I have recognized that my problem was result from LOGON DATABASE trigger.

Maybe someone needs this information too. 

Sincerely..