Solved

Can't connect custom reference field as parent key connection when creating custom tabs

• 27 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

I have created a Custom Logical Unit and wanted to connect it with Support Key window. The requirement is connecting Customer ID and Support Key Description fields as keys.

In Custom LU, Customer ID field is a reference type field and using same LOV reference which is using in Support Key window’ customer No field.

When I try to create a new tab, it doesn’t show the Customer ID field (CF$_CUSTOMER_ID) in list, so I tried to manually write the field name in order to see the error message. Then I got this error :

ORA-20105: The connected key CF$_CUSTOMER_ID is a custom reference and cannot be used in a parent key connection.

How should I create the Customer ID field in Custom LU?
Should it be a Text Type Persistent field without any reference?
Please advise me.

icon

Best answer by sutekh137 27 October 2021, 17:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, I would guess it needs to be Persistent, otherwise the linking of keys could be sort of circular.

I see what you are trying to do, though -- try the custom field as Persistent and see if that works…

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Badge +14

I could do this by creating persistent Text type custom field.

And I assume the users will only try to add details from connected custom tab. 

Users won’t find a LOV for customer ID, if they try to insert data directly from Custom LU.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I could do this by creating persistent Text type custom field.

And I assume the users will only try to add details from connected custom tab. 

Users won’t find a LOV for customer ID, if they try to insert data directly from Custom LU.

Thank you.

Yes, that sounds like the way it should be implemented.

I assume it worked?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Badge +14

Thanks @sutekh137 , yes it worked