Blank pages on customer order lines

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

A customer of me encountered the following screen:

Looks ok, until you give it a better view: it is empty and there are no headings.

Security? Don't think so, either overview would not be available or data would not be there and headers would be shown.

When debuging, I found the following:

So there is data. I even tried using selecting multiple rows, RMB to use Edit Copy Object. I pasted that in a NotePad and there is data.

RMB on header to use Column Chooser is not available.

Via an admin user, I found out that column visibility is 0 for all columns:

With this in mind, I changed the first 0 into 1 and also in the row ColVisibilityFin. I saved this, logged in as the user with problems and the next was then available:

With Column Chooser available again, user could continue.

I guess the user was a bit to drastic with removal of the columns in Column Chooser.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You can easily see in the Debug output that all of those columns are hidden (The Info field says “Column X is hidden and not included in the select statement”).

A quick alternative to that manual edit, which is always risky with IFS Profiles, would be to have copied the profile string from a working user’s profile to this one.

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @eqbstal , To rule out any profile related issues, please navigate to the ‘create user’ window, search your user and disable any personal and base profiles allocated. Then refresh server cache and re-log in to the application and see the result. If it is related to the profiles, afterwards you can enable the profiles, and go in-depth to the corresponding profile and clear any existing corrupted profiler nodes. Will add more information on how to do it if needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’ve seen this before - reset current view worked for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Hypervox Ok, great. Where would I find that functionality?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Right click the grey area where the heading would be, you should get the drop down menu - select “reset current view”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Hypervox Ok, thanks good to know for next time and when noticing it I can maybe help user sooner. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Tried to reset the view as I have the same blank screen issue:

I have full admin access (to be more clear, logged in as IFSAPP). Do I miss it, read over it 10 times?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

You have to right click on the grey part of the column window (this screen shot shows a screen with working columns) e.g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, that was just what I did, but all mentioned above are not available.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

My apologies 😔 - that menu must be tied to at least one visible column I guess….

if you change the first columns visibility as you did in your initial post, that menu should be available.